Comprehensive Pediatric Care From A Top-Rated Dentist
Our pediatric dentist in Salisbury, MD, has additional years of specialized dental training to keep children’s needs in mind. While we can all relate to fears of seeing a dentist, just imagine a dental visit from your child’s perspective. We believe that tiny mouths deserve tiny tools and gentle, compassionate treatment.
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Simply put, a pediatric dentist is a dental professional who specializes in treating young patients. Their additional experience allows them to offer everything a regular dentist does, including X-rays, teeth cleanings, and dental surgeries — all on a child’s level. It’s not only important that your child gets the dental care they need, but it’s critical that they have a positive experience from their first visit to avoid fears of the dentist that can prevent them from getting necessary dental care throughout their lives.
You should take your child to see a dentist for the first time before they turn one year old. Our pediatric dentist will check for cavities, early signs of developmental problems and teach you proper pediatric dental care techniques.
Why Choose a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists have extra training beyond what a general dentist does. Not only does our pediatric dentist know what kid-friendly language to use during dental treatment, they know how to make your child comfortable and set them up for a lifetime of dental health! A general dentist can care for your child’s teeth, but our pediatric dentist has the specialized knowledge to make your child’s experience fun and comfortable while addressing age-specific dental concerns.
Our pediatric dentist can alert you to ways to help your child avoid tooth decay that can lead to painful cavities and will continue to treat your child’s teeth as they mature through their teen years.
What Procedures Do Pediatric Dentists Offer?
Pediatric dentists are trained in services that benefit children’s dental health and prevent future dental problems from occurring. Some common methods of preventing dental decay in young children include:
- Regular Cleanings — Starting your child’s dental care early on helps prevent cavities and other dental issues. Our pediatric dentist can also evaluate their teeth and jaws’ health to ensure they are growing correctly.
- Fluoride Treatments — Fluoride varnish is applied to the teeth to harden the enamel and enhance resistance to decay. While toothpaste usually contains fluoride, our treatments have a higher fluoride concentration to provide the maximum amount of protection.
- Bonding — Kids frequently chip and fracture their front teeth. A pediatric dentist can repair chipped teeth by bonding them with natural-looking tooth-colored resins made of glass or plastic.
- Dental Sealants — The small crevices of the molars can trap bacteria and lead to tooth decay. A dental sealant is a coating that fills in these ridges and gaps and creates a smooth surface so your child can brush away bacteria and debris easily.
- Extractions — sometimes, it’s necessary for a child to have a tooth extraction. This can be due to decay, extra teeth, or wisdom teeth removal. Pediatric dentists are trained to make this process as comfortable as possible for your child.
If you have any questions regarding pediatric dentistry or want to schedule an appointment for your child, contact us at 410-213-3033. Our friendly team is more than happy to help you!
Contact Our Pediatric Dentist in Salisbury, MD, To Schedule An Appointment!
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Salisbury & Easton, MD our doctor and team at The Brace Place also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Cambridge, MD, and Surrounding Areas.