Update for Our Valued Patients – March 17, 2020
The CDC recommends using “social distancing” whenever possible as an effective way of decreasing the likelihood of transmitting coronavirus. The agency has updated its definition of social distancing to mean “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
With this advice in mind, we are implementing these new steps in our practice:
- We will schedule appointments to minimize possible contact with other patients in the reception area.
- We are making video conferencing available to some patients who can be evaluated via smartphone, tablet or laptop computer.
- We will ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early, since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in our reception area.
- We will advise patients to maintain proper social distancing and if they are more comfortable waiting in their car, we will offer to call or text them when we are ready to seat the patient for the appointment.
- We have removed magazines and paper reading materials from our reception room as they are not easy to disinfect.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding. Your safety and comfort remain our top priorities.
If you have questions or special requests, please reach out to us at 410-749-2933.