5 Invisalign Treatment Tips
Many individuals choose Invisalign aligners due to their ease of use and comfort. However, there are still some important rules to follow to avoid damage, accidents and minor discomfort with your aligners. Here’s a quick re-cap of 5 tips to keep your treatment on schedule.
1) Always store your aligners in their case when not being worn to avoid accidentally throwing them away.
2) Don’t use hot water to rinse your aligners. This can cause irreparable warping of the plastic. Use lukewarm water instead to avoid any damage.
3) Smoking with your aligners in is discouraged as it can cause them to become discolored.
4) You may use an emery board to file any jagged edges on your aligners that are causing discomfort.
5) You may eat with your aligners in (although not recommended) but just be sure to wash them thoroughly afterwards to remove any food debris.